We Take Extreme Care with Shipping:
Our models ships are handcrafted and beautifully made. With that said, they are also very delicate. We take every precaution necessary and package our ships with extreme care.
We primarily use FedEx as our shipping partner and have a 99% success rate with shipping un-damaged models. However, accidents do happen. If that is the case, please take photos of the damage and contact customer support via email or phone and we will remedy the situation immediately.
Note that for minor damages we kindly ask our customers to make minor fixes themselves. This is will help both My Parlor Room and our customers avoid unnecessary transit fees and charges.
As soon as you place your order you will receive an order confirmation e-mail. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase. As soon as we receive your order we automatically reach out to our suppliers to confirm that it is in stock and available for immediate shipment. If your item is on backorder or unavailable we will void the pre-authorization and reach out to you via e-mail. If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment (within 5 business days) we will process the charges and submit the order for shipment.
If your order is in stock and we process the charges to your credit card it will ship within five business days from the date of your order. We will send you tracking information within 24 hours of your order leaving the warehouse to the e-mail address your provide when checking out. If you do not receive tracking information from us within six business days of your order feel free to follow up with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please inspect the packaging of your item(s) when they arrive, if you notice any damage you should make note of it when signing for delivery. If you item(s) arrive damaged please send photos to email@example.com and we will process an insurance claim on your behalf.
Cancellations & Refunds:
All returned items are subject to a 15% restocking fee.
Please refer to manufacturer return policies for complete details.
If you have any questions. Please reach out to customer support.
Return Policy for Handcrafted Nautical Decor:
We want you to be happy! If you’re not completely thrilled with one of our items, we will refund or exchange your order.
How It Works?
The instructions below are designed to expedite the return of your model. Each of the steps below must be followed in order for Handcrafted Model Ships to provide you with a satisfactory experience.
We are so glad you are giving one of our items as a gift to a friend or loved one. It is your responsibility as the purchaser to inspect the item upon receipt of the item and notify us of any damage or issues per our policy below…NO EXCEPTIONS.
Holiday Gifts —- For orders placed from November 20th – December 23rd
The damage policy below still applies however you are able to return the item if you notify us by January 2nd of the new year.
Return of a damaged item during shipping (to lower 48 United States).
Contact us immediately (within 5 days of delivery). Contacting us after this period voids any claim.
Email us pictures of the damage in question within 7 days of contacting us about this claim. These are required by the shipping company to file a damage claims.
THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS POLICY.
Once we receive the pictures, our builders will review the damage. If not repairable you will be asked to destroy the item and provide proof with pictures.
If we deem the item is repairable (such as a cannon came loose during shipping) we will provide parts and instructions for the repair.
If we deem the item is not “easily repairable”, but can be repaired by Handcrafted Model Ships, a replacement will be sent to you at no cost.
Place the item securely in the original package, exactly as how it was packaged. Include all paperwork, parts and accessories that were included with the model.
We will then ship to you another model at no additional cost.
Return of a damaged item during shipping (outside of lower 48 United States).
Same policy applies as above, but due to customs, duties, and other regulations regarding shipping to foreign countries, we may ask you to destroy the model even if it is “repairable”. A new item will be sent to you at no additional costs. Duties, taxes, and any additional fees are non-refundable. You will need to contact the shipping company for reimbursement.
Return of an item without a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) Number
Sending the item back to us without prior authorization voids your eligibility for a full refund as this voids the damage claim eligibility with the shipping company. A 50% restocking fee is assessed for all orders that are returned without a valid RMA number. In addition, all items that are returned 45 days after receipt a 50% restocking fee will apply. The fee will be deducted from the total refund amount. In the event that a return is needed, we will make arrangements for the return. Do not send it back via any other means.
Return of an item you are unsatisfied with:
- Contact us immediately (within 5 days of delivery or for orders placed from November 20th – December 23rd notify us by January 2nd as we realize that many of our items are gifts. Contacting us after this period voids any claim.
- Obtain a return authorization number from us.
- Place the item securely in the original package, exactly as how it was packaged. Please package the model, display item, etc exactly as it arrived, if the model is not packaged this way damage might occur
- Include all paperwork, parts and accessories that were included with the model, display item, etc.
- Ship the model back to us (at your cost) to the Merchandise Returns Address below. It is recommended that the return is insured for the purchase price in case of loss or damage. You will need to contact the shipping company for claims if needed.
- Email us the tracking number of the shipment
- We will notify you when we receive the item and ensure that it in salable condition.
- If the return is in salable condition, we will process your refund right away (within 14 days at the absolute most). It will take 2-3 days to reflect on your account statement once the refund has been processed.
- The refund will be in the same form of payment equal to the “Total Unit Price” of the items printed on your invoice. This excludes shipping and handling (unless there was a shipping mistake). If shipping and handling was included in the model price, the actual FedEx/DHL/UPS cost for that box size and weight will be deducted.
- For special order models, refunds are not offered, only credits.
If you fail to follow the instructions above, your return/exchange will be void. Please call us with any questions regarding our policy.
For our telescopes, ships and nautical decor items, the 5 day return policy applies. If the item is a gift please check the item upon receipt or have the recipient.
Please note that international orders are not eligible for our return policy given the high cost of shipping. International orders are eligible for our damage policy.
Zoffoli Globes Return Policy
Due to their on-demand, handmade nature in Italy, we do not accept returns for the Zoffoli Globes. On the rare occasion that your globe arrives damaged or missing parts we will send replacement parts or a replacement globe if the damage is substantial at no charge to you.